Sunday, May 27, 2012

WHITE ORCHIDS on DARK by OLGA WAGNER

This is based on another reference photo from the wetcanvas image gallery. Even though, I love Orchids and have couple plants, they are not in the best shape for being my muses. I definitely was not blessed with a green thumb...




CLASSIC BEAUTY
8" x 8" Oil on Museum Quality Panel

Available 150




Here I used Transparent Orange and a liner brush to do a quick sketch. It is very, very loose at this point..




Transparent under painting has been completed and I am starting to work with opaques to lay in the detail on the flowers.



And here is the preview of what's to come!  One of my kitties, Pugsley, was not feeling very well last night and I could not sleep. I started this bad boy around 2am, but did not want to continue... I am hoping to work on him tonight and finish him (most likely around 2 am)...




2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I really enjoyed the demo - thanks. The orchids are marvelous and the roosters colors are great.

Olga Wagner said...

Thanks Julie! I am glad that you enjoyed it...