Sunday, November 15, 2015

ORIGINAL CONTEMPORARY BARN OWL PAINTING in OILS by OLGA WAGNER - "12 DAYS OF GREY"

Yesterday, I had the fortune to attend Art of Carolina's , which is this area's largest trade show.. In addition to picking up a few supplies at some incredible prices, I also came home with a cool new find. A set of oil paints and a set of acrylics titled " 12 Shades of Grey".  Each of the sets consists of 12 small tubes of extremely buttery paints - 12 various shades... (See photos at the bottom of this post)

Last night I had a great time playing with them. It took a bit getting used to the muted feeling of the paints, since it's rather a drastic change from my usual style of color and contrast.  For the painting I used only the paints from the set  in combination with black and white. As for the end result, what can I say... I LIKE IT!.... It's very calm and peaceful...

I will push myself to paint with this set for the next 12 days and thus create a small collection called " 12 Days of Grey"....




MR. GREY
6x6  Oil on Panel

Available - Click HERE 





MR. GREY and Friend









No comments: